If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (319) 393-8430

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Sensitivity

6/18/2018 (Permalink)

"A furry growth of minute fungal hyphae occurring typically in moist warm conditions, especially on food or other organic matter,” is how Google’s dictionary defines mold. Some of the most common molds found indoors are cladosporium, penicillium, alternaria, and aspergillus. Mold effects people in different ways, for some people who are more sensitive to mold it gives them itchy eyes, a stuffy nose, or even a sore throat. For people that are sensitive to mold we suggest that you avoid those areas that are moist and humid, prone to mold growth. It is recommended to keep your bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms well ventilated to avoid mold growth in these damp areas. Some people don’t have any reaction to mold. For more information on mold click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts