The most Wonderful time of the year can turn bad
The most wonderful time of the year can also be one of the most common times for house fires. In 12 seconds a small spark can ignite a dry Christmas tree. Once the Christmas tree is on fire the flames can engulf a room in under 30 seconds.
Some tips to keep your wonderful time of the year emergency free: Make sure your tree is at least three feet from any heat source. Always place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights, and keep the tree base filled with water to avoid a dry out. Fresh, watered trees are much less likely to catch fire. Water your tree daily. If you buy an artificial tree, make sure it’s labeled “fire resistant.”
Bedtime means lights off! Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night.
Make sure that you have Fire/ smoke detectors and the have been properly installed and tested.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday Season from your SERVPRO Team.